Pages

Thursday 29 August 2013

Fiesta Burrito Bowl.

Sometimes, I just want a little fiesta sitting in my bowl, so that I can feast my eyes on it's prettiness, then demolish it by mixing all the ingredients into a not so good looking mess of deliciousness.




I also figured that since I had all the ingredients to truly make this one from scratch, I'd try my hand at making refried beans, which sound much less healthy than they actually are. I have no idea why I never made them before, so so easy and so so good. Plus, I get to know everything that's in them, no more preservatives for this chick.

There is just something awesome about grain bowls that has me coming back for more. Seriously, I could eat these every day, there are so many possibilities and every day could be totally different with the same basic concept in mind. Choose a grain, or a medley of grains, choose toppings and a sauce/dressing. Simple, quick and delicious.







Burrito Fiesta Bowl

Ingredients:

Makes 2 large bowls.

- 4 cups cooked rice.
- One recipe Refried Black Beans

Toppings:
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced.
- 1 romaine heart, shredded.
- 1 avocado diced. 
- Salsa (optional)
- Hot sauce. 

Assemble bowl in layers and enjoy!


Refried Black Beans

- About 2 cups Black beans, cooked.
- 1/4 cup minced onion.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch of cayenne
- S/P to taste

Throw all the ingredients into a medium pan on medium-high heat. Using a fork or potato masher, mash the beans until smooth and incorporated with the water. Cook down to desired consistency. Serve nice and hot! 

I might just go and make this again... Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment