Pages

Sunday 1 September 2013

Kicking Off Vegan MoFo 2013: Sleepy Sunday Avo Mac

I seriously thought that Vegan MoFo started October 1st, so it was quite surprising this morning when I realized that it actually starts today!

Talk about last minute preparations.

But I got it down and thanks to some advance thinking on my part, I have a recipe ready for todays theme!

First, let me introduce you to Vegan Month of Food (MoFo), an awesome annual event for all vegan foodie blogs where everyone gets together and posts every day, or almost, based on daily themes. Unfortunately I missed the official signup so I wont be linked to directly on their website this year. There are official daily themes, which are not obligatory. I've chosen a few of them and also made up a few of my own! There are as follows:

Sleepy Sundays: Breakfast, Brunch and Lazy time snacks.
Metal Mondays: A recipe inspired by an awesome metal song.
TV Tuesdays: A dish inspired or pulled from a fave movie or TV show.
Web Wednesdays: Based on a random search.
Thirsty Thursdays: Some sort or drinkable concoction.
Fruity Fridays: All about the freshness.
Rawk'n Saturdays: A raw dish day.

I've got the first week planned out for the most part, and of course it so happens that my pantry and fridge are on the empty side, so it's going to be a creative week! I'm also going to challenge myself to keeping my recipes as affordable as [possible and will try to post exactly how mush the dish cost for our two big appetites.

Onto deliciousness!

This is something I just randomly came up with when I was 1. Craving comfort food 2. Not wanting to use any flour or non-dairy processed cheese and 3. Had tons of ripe avos. It seriously satisfied me, although it may seem odd at first, just try it.








Creamy Avo Pasta

Ingredients:

- 1-2 avocados
- 1/2-1 cup nutritional Yeast
- S/P to taste
- 1/2 small jar minced jalapenos
- 1/2 cup water

Blend all ingredients except jalapenos until smooth. Serve with whole package of pasta of choice. Top with jalapenos.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment