Pages

Monday 9 September 2013

Vegan MoFo 2013: Metal Monday's: Guns n' Roses Incidental Spaghetti Squash

What with the weekend having been a medley of so many different foods, I am so happy to be back to eating clean whole foods. So tonight when I had a craving for some spaghetti (mostly sauce to be honest) I figured I should use some of the 10 spaghetti squash I got at the food terminal on Sunday morning. They are definitely my favorite squash, the texture is just too awesome, plus they taste great as is.

I did use a pre-made jarred tomato and basil sauce, reduced sodium of course as well as low fat and all that jazz. 

I love that a whole food can be used in place of the usually much more processed pastas. Although the one I usually buy is made solely of whole brown rice and water, this is much easier to digest and is packed full of so many more phytonutrients and all the good stuff. 

Of course what would metal monday's be without an awesome song to accompany it. I found the perfect album from Guns n' Roses awesomely named The Spaghetti Incident? which just perfectly worked, with the added bonus of classic awesome music. This was my pick simply because it talked about vegetables:



Without further adieu...






How to cook the perfect Spaghetti Squash

1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Cut the squash (or 3 in my case) in half from end to end and scoop out all the seeds
3. Lie the squah cut side down on a baking sheet and cook for about 40 minutes or until a fork pierces through the skin and flesh easily.
4. Using a fork, extract the flesh into a bowl and serve with your choice of seasonings or sauces. 

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment