Pages

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Chipotle Scalloped Potatoes

With the holidays around the corner, I always like to think up an awesome vegan feast for the big meal. Although I don't think I've ever made the entire thing, it's a greta backup and all the recipes can be used throughout the season.

All events, in my mind, are about the food.

Coming over for dinner? I'll make a three course meal just cause I'm in the mood. Or at the very least I'll make something that you'll personally enjoy even if I've never made it before. I've actually even thought of making up a form to fill out for everyone that comes over so I know everyones likes and dislikes. I think that just might be taking it a little too far though...

I think it's pretty obvious to say that people always get excited when they eat over.

Anywho, the winter holidays are a great excuse to make a whole ton of food. Which means I get to experiment, probably my most favorite thing in the world. I do want to start making much more raw meals though, my breakfast and lunches are still mostly fruit, but I am really missing my salads.

This recipe will probably surprise you, since well the main ingredient is potato yes, but it's also the secret to the sauce. Potatoes with potato sauce, only in my world. Turns out its amaaazing. I got the idea from a potato soup I made not too long ago, that I will be posting soon. It was so creamy and velvety that it just clicked that i could make amazing scalloped taters with the same concept. After I made the sauce, it also came to me that the sauce would be amazing as a mac and cheese. Versatility 101 right there.

Without further adieu...








Chipotle Scalloped Potatoes

Ingredients:

- Enough sliced potatoes to fill your baking dish

Sauce:
- 5-6 small potatoes, boiled and cooled.
- 3/4 cup nooch
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (not the canned stuff, the carton stuff)
- Water, as needed.
- Pepper
- Lemon juice
- Chipotle pepper flakes

* You can also top it with any other vegetable, I added asparagus this time around.

Pre-heat oven to 350F

Blend all the sauce ingredients until smooooth. Taste and adjust seasonings to personal preference.

One layer at a time, lay down the potato slices and cover in sauce. Repeat until filled and cover.

Bake until cooked through, about 40 mins.

Let cool a few minutes.

Enjoy!!

Like what you see?

Check out and LIKE the Plates for Plants FACEBOOK PAGE and see updates, pictures and new posts and sign up for our newsletter for exclusive content!

No comments:

Post a Comment