Pages

Monday 17 March 2014

Lemon Roasted Potatoes

Coming out of a 3 day water fast, I am seriously more appreciative of food. I did it for several reasons, I have some health issues that are being stubborn and need to be addressed but no way of getting any tests at the moment without a massive bill at the end of it all. It is not something I would generally recommend anyone to do without having actual health issues. It's no juice fast.


The intensity was manageable until the last day, where the watermelon waiting for me was just looking far too good to resist. My goal was to do three days, so I am prettyyyyy happy about it. I'm now in the "re-feeding" process and taking a few days to a few weeks to keep my diet uber simple and very high raw if not 100%.


Good thing I plan ahead and makes recipes ahead of time. These lemon roasted potatoes are amazing and reminiscent of the greek potatoes you can get at fast food places (without all the fat and sodium).


I have a salt addiction and I always find that adding lemon or lime to my dishes instead of copious amounts of salt usually satisfies me. Or at least has me adding only a smidgen or it instead. Also, my partner isn;t a big fan of added salt and prefers to have none, so I compromise and often only add some to my portion.


Enough of my babbling: presenting Lemon roasted Potatoes for your viewing and munching pleasure!




Lemon Roasted Potatoes


- 2lbs potatoes
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon rind, grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- S/P to taste

Pre-heat oven to 375F

Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and then toss in the taters and coat. Leave them to soak up all the goodness for at least 20 mins, up to 1 and a half hours. Make sure to toss it all now and again to coat. If you are going to marinate for a longer time period, put it covered in the fridge.

Spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, liquids and all. 

Bake for 45 mins to an hour.

Enjoy!


*** SIDENOTE***

I've just release a FREE ebook "12 Quick and Decadent Smoothie Recipes". You can get it right now by signing up for my newsletter in the right sidebar. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment