Pages

Monday 4 August 2014

Nacho Cheeze Sauce

This is one of those posts that doesn't even need many words. This recipe is ridiculous. By that I mean, while I was eating it, I couldn't even believe how much it tasted like cow based cheese sauces. If I hadn't made it with my own bare hands, I would not have eaten it cause I wouldn't believe it was vegan.


Now my pursuit of veganism and developing awesome vegan foods doesn't usually entail making things that taste exactly like their standard diet counterparts. This one pretty much just happened.


The key ingredient here is pretty exotic, but replacing it with nutritional yeast still makes a great sauce. Thevnoni juice I used was fresh, but the fermented kind will give it an even sharper cheese taste. If you can get your hands on it, you have to try this.


No more words are needed.





Nacho Cheese Sauce

- 3 cups fresh coconut meat
- Water, as needed.
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 1 roasted jalapeno, de seeded.
- ½ cup noni juice or ~1 cup nooch (to taste)
- Salt, to taste

Blend the coconut with the water until very smooth, you may also use a food processor. This is going to take awhile, so do in it stages not to overburden your blender.

Add in the rest of the ingredient and blend till smooth again.

Serve over everything and anything.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment